Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ringing in the New Year...

 

It was the first day of 2013 and it was rainy...so we stayed in and did, well, nothing.


I was playing with my new camera, which by the way, I have no clue how to work.  I also do not have a clue how to work Photoshop.  But, I've figured out to do SOME stuff and at this point, hey...I'll take that.


 B enjoyed getting lots of time with his train...yes, it was a Santa gift.
(I should add that I love font colors, sizes, types etc.)

Unfortunately...

This is what I got most of New Year's day.  "Mommy, I NOT take pic-shas!"  He's dramatic, tempermental, and loud...all of which is EXACTLY like me.  On the other hand, he's loving, tender- hearted, super smart, and just plain FUNNY.  I love this boy.

Now for some traditional New Year's food...



GREENS = Money.



CORN BREAD = Gold.



BLACK EYED PEAS = Good Luck.

 

HOG JOWLS (OR IN OUR CASE PORK TENDERLOIN) = Ok, this was interesting to me because I just found out Tuesday why we eat hog jowls.  When a pig roots she (cause I think "she" sounds so much better) stays on course.  So this is supposed to go hand in hand with resolutions.  At least that's what my Dad and Pap told me...and yep, I'm taking that at face value. 

Btw, my Dad (Tommy) cooked this wonderful meal.  He's the best and those greens were to die for.  Love my Dad.





After dinner we sat with my Dad in the basement and waited for Brenton to decide he was ready to leave.  It's always an excuse when it's time to leave.  Looking on the bright side of the constant "time to leave argument" it makes me feel good to know my son loves his Pop, his Nana, his D, his Grandma and his Grandpa (because he's the same at all those places, lol.  He doesn't discriminate).

Well that's it for this post...Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment